Simple machine is the term that scientists and engineers give these six objects. They are used to move things around or to hold them in place.
● inclined plane - a sloped surface that makes it easier to move objects
● wedge - a v-shaped object for driving things apart or holding things in place
●screw - technically an inclined plane wrapped around a cylinder, generally used to lift materials or hold them together
● lever - any rigid object or bar that rests on a fixed point called a fulcrum
● wheel and axle - a wheel that spins around a post
● pulley - a rope that goes around a wheel and an axle that allows us to change the direction that the rope is pulling in
Now watch the first video to hear how these words are properly pronounced. Then watch the second video just for fun. You're welcome!
Leave a Reply.